How It Works
This section of the site aims to answer any questions you may have about how to buy and receive entertainment content from Letfilm.
Through this site, you will be able to purchase:
· Music (MP3 downloads)
· Films – Video On Demand to Rent or to Buy (Watch Movies Online)
· TV shows
It’s safe to use our website
We take and hold all our information securely and within the Data Protection Act guidelines. You can rest assured that shopping on line with Letfilm is safe and that any transaction you make is both private and protected. Any screen containing your personal details, passwords or payment details is delivered using 128 bit secure socket layer encryption.
You don’t have to register if you’re just browsing our website but, if you want to shop, you will need to register on the Letfilm website.
You can register either at the end of your shop, i.e. at the Checkout, or follow the customer login link at the top of each page at any time, whether you’re shopping or not.
· Click on the customer login link at the top of any page on the Letfilm website.
· Follow the prompts to set up your account.
· When you register, you’ll need to give us some details including your name, email address and contact details. We’ll ask you to create a password for security purposes.
What is “My account”?
The “My Account” section is the area where after you’ve registered or signed in, you’ll be able to click on the “My Account” link to view or update your details. You will be able to:
· Manage your account details e.g. passwords
· View your order history
· View your outstanding orders
· View and update billing addresses
I have forgotten my password
If you have forgotten your password – don’t worry. You can reset your password by:
· Clicking on the “Customer Login” button at the top of the page where you will be prompted for your Email address and password.
· Click on the “Forgotten Password” link and enter your email address in the box provided, we will then email you a new password.
How do I view an order?
· Go to the “My Account” section.
· Orders which have been purchased will be listed in the “Order History” section.
· Pre-orders which are still to be fulfilled will be shown in the “Outstanding Orders” section.
How do I place an order?
· Orders are placed by clicking on the “Buy” buttons located next to each product.
· Clicking the “Buy” button will add the product to your shopping basket.
· Once you have reviewed and confirmed the order by clicking “Confirm Order”.
· You will be asked to enter your credit or debit card details so that payment will be authorized.
· An Order Confirmation email will be sent to you once you have clicked “Pay Now”.
Can I change or cancel an order?
Due to the nature of digital content (which means you are immediately given access to the digital content) you will NOT be able to change or cancel an order once you have completed an order by clicking on the “Pay now” button at the end of the Checkout process. This will apply to Pre-ordered digital content also.
What are pre-orders?
· Pre-orders allow you to purchase content at a date before the actual date of release of that content but you will not be able to access the content until the release date. This is available on selected movies and MP3 music content. You place the order in the same way as you would order anything else from the website.
· The date of release will be located underneath the title and will be visible at the time of order.
· Some new releases are available for “Pre-order”.
· Any pre-release items which are bought through the site, prior to the release date, will be available to you on the morning of release.
· Please note, release dates can change. Please check back the website for updates.
Paying for an order
You need to use a debit or credit card to pay for your order. You can pay with a valid MasterCard, Visa Credit Card and Visa Debit Card.
We do NOT accept American Express cards, Maestro Cards or prepaid MasterCards.
Staying Safe Online
Criminals sometimes send convincing looking but fraudulent e-mails to encourage people to take action. These e-mails often invite the recipient to open an attachment which infects their computer with a virus or to enter their details on a fake website. If you receive an e-mail which you think is suspicious, do not click on any of the links or attachments and delete the e-mail.
If you would like to view more information regarding how to protect yourself and your computer against phishing e-mails, please refer to:
The Authority for Television On Demand Ltd (“ATVOD”) regulates the editorial content of on-demand programme services. This includes ensuring that rules governing material likely to incite hatred, material which might seriously impair the development of under 18s, product placement in programmes and sponsorship of individual programmes or services are observed. You can submit a complaint about any of these aspects of our on-demand service to ATVOD using the online complaint form.
You can also send your complaint to ATVOD by email to email@example.com or by post to ATVOD Complaints, 27 Sheet Street, Windsor, Berkshire, SL4 1BN, UK.
If you have any queries about your account or have a comment to make about our site, our product range or our service, please do not hesitate to contact the Entertainment Team. There are a number of ways to contact us:
1. Through the “Contact Us” link which is located at the base of each page on the website.
2. Via email at the following address firstname.lastname@example.org
The Letfilm Customer Services team are available 8.00am to 8.00pm, 7 days a week and we are looking forward to your contact.
How do I find music /movies/Tv shows?
Just type the Artist, Album or movie/Tv show name that you are interested in to the 'Search' box situated towards the top right of every page then click the 'Search' button.
How do I know if the album or movie that I am buying contain explicit materials?
Any album containing tracks with strong language, reference to acts of violence, sex or drug abuse will have the term 'Explicit Lyrics' in the product's title, sub-title or on the products details page. The 'Explicit Lyric' information is provided by the content owners and their warning will always be displayed by Letfilm if provided.
In most cases the content owners will also add a Parental Advisory 'sticker' to the album artwork.
What happens if my computer crashes or I lose internet connection whilst I am downloading files?
Do not worry, should your PC or Mac crash, lose power or internet connection whilst you are downloading a file - the Download Manager will pick up for where it left off before the download process was interrupted.
Can I download to my iPad, iPod or phone?
Currently you are unable to download directly to a mobile device, however you can download to your PC or Mac.
How do I play music or movie that I have downloaded?
We highly recommend download and install world class Hu player for playing back both move and music. http://www.huplayer.com/index.php?app=download
Are my music/movie downloads DRM Free?
All music/movie on Letfilm are DRM protected (Digital Rights Management). This means that your use of the files that you download will be restricted and the distribution and sharing of files is prohibited. We 'Watermark' all our files to protect against illegal copying and distribution.
How many times can I play my film or TV title?
When you purchase a title, you have the choice of either renting or buying a license to view that title.
Buy Video On Demand:
You can watch your title as many times as you like by downloading it to up to 3 Letfilm compatible download devices or watching online (streaming) unlimited times to any Letfilm compatible steaming player.
Where can I play my film or TV title?
You can watch your titles on the Letfilm website through our web streaming player, or you can download the title to your Windows PC or laptop and Mac. You may also view your title through one of our Mobile devices. Downloading the title means that you can enjoy your purchases when you have no internet connection or when travelling, even when travelling abroad.
You will soon be able to connect other devices to your Letfilm Video on Demand Library. We are working hard to be able to let you view your Video on Demand Library through Smart Phones, Tablets, Internet Connected TV’s & Blu-ray players and Games Consoles.
Minimum PC Specifications
Minimum System Environments:
· Windows 7 or
· Mac os X v10.8
· Net connection:5mb
· Playing movies on previous versions are depends on your own technical expertise
· Cookies: Cookies must be enabled on all browsers
Will Letfilm be selling HD film or TV titles?
Yes. Letfilm is planning to add HD titles to our range during 2015.
How can I watch film or TV titles on my TV?
Letfilm will be releasing TV Apps for Smart TV's during 2015. For now, if you have a laptop and TV with HDMI sockets, you can connect using an HDMI cable.
Are subtitles available?
Unfortunately subtitles are currently unavailable. Letfilm is looking to introduce these as soon as possible.
Do I own the title?
No. You are purchasing a license to view the title. The license you are purchasing will vary depending on whether you are renting or Buying the title.
Unable to download?
· License Error: It is possible that you have exhausted all of you available licenses for a purchases (3 for a bought title). You can see how many remaining licenses you have left my clicking on ‘Product Info’ on the product in the 'Video On Demand ’.
What happens if I have slow internet connection?
If you have lower than expected broadband speed, Letfilm will adjust the quality of the title you receive to provide the best viewing expertise that is possible with your current internet speed. Please refer to our Minimum PC Specifications for further details.
How long does it take to download a title?
It will depend on your internet connection speed and the length of the title. On average a film title is 1.73gb, which on a 2mbps connection can take up to 1.3 hours to download.
When downloading a title to the LetfilmVideo Manger, you do not need to wait for the download to complete before you are able to view it. We will monitor your download progress, and when we think you have enough of the title downloaded to start watching without catching up, we will enable playback – this is usually after about 10% of the download. This is called progressive downloading.
Can I use my existing Windows Media Player?
Yes. Downloaded files are in .wmv format, so you can play them in any Windows Media Player on your Windows PC or laptop. You will not be able to transfer files to other computers, as they have been specifically authorised to play only on the Windows PC or laptop you initiated the download on.
Files will be stored in the Letfilm folder on your C Drive (C:\Users\Public\Videos\Letfilm)
How many licenses do I use when downloading to the Video Manger?
For every download you initiate, you will use one license.
VIDEO ON DEMAND USAGE RULES:
· Each purchase will provide you with 3 (Three) Viewing Licenses to either stream or download the title to an Authorised Device. PLEASE NOTE if you download the title 3 (Three) times you will no longer be able to stream the title. We recommend you reserve at least 1 (one) Viewing License to ensure that you may continue to stream the Video on Demand to an Authorised Device.
· When you download to an Authorised Device you use 1 (one) Viewing License permanently.
· When you stream a Video on Demand you are only temporarily using a Viewing License and on completion of the stream that Viewing License will renew (i.e. you will not permanently use one of your Viewing Licenses when you stream a title).
· You may only stream a title on 2 (two) Authorised Devices at any one time so long as there are 2 (two) Viewing Licenses remaining.
· If you start a stream on one Authorised Device, then stop, you may resume the stream on a different Authorised Device.